Re: font cache file information

Title: Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

>> Generally-speaking, no.  Because the cache files are architecture dependent.

My understanding was cache file names are architecture dependent but not the content of cache file, Isn't it so ?

Cache file just have FcPattern like information which would be independent of architecture.

>> Can't you run fc-cache on the target and cache the results?
Actually user does not want to take pain of running fc-cache.

And he does not want even higher loading time in absence of cache files.

If cache file contents are independent of architecture then can't we have cache files which can be used across

different machines. If I do changes in FcCache to make this happen then how adversely it can effect ?

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Neha Gupta

Samsung India Software Center(SISC),