Re: fontconfig/freetype: resolving glyph index from another font when base font does not contain particular glyph

On 08/27/10 11:26, Derek Leach wrote:
> 2)       I know fontconfig contains a map of the glyph indices within
> the font, so is the process obtaining a list of font faces from
> fontconfig, and iterating them one by one, or does fontconfig have a
> more direct approach?

Yes, that's the idea.  FcFontSort() gives you a list of font patterns.  You
walk them one by one, check their charset and choose the first one supporting
the character you are interested in.

behdad