Re: Marking glyphs as deliberately blank, per font

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le jeudi 26 novembre 2009 à 13:14 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
>> Nicolas, all that talk makes sense, but unless a concrete proposal
>> for how to change fontconfig comes in, I don't know what to do
>> about it.
>
> To sum up, and from a pure fontconfig user POW (I don't want to know
> how the code looks like), I think you could solve many user pains by
> making it possible to use

It doesn't solve any of my pains :)

>  <family>some family name</family>
>  <format>some font format name</format>
>  <unicode>
>    <min>some-unicode-value</min>
>    <max>some-greater-unicode-value</max>
>  <unicode>
>  <lang>some fontconfig orth id</lang>

It looks like a reinvention of what is already there.

<match target="font">
  <test name="whatever">...</test>
  <edit name="whatever">...</edit>
</match>

> And it would also be useful to define a <not/> operator, for example
> <not>
>  <lang>ja_Ja</lang>
> </not>

<test compare="not_eq">
?

--
The fact is, most software is crap, and most software developers
are lazy and stupid. Same as most customers are stupid too.