Re: Changing the default sans font - only for a certain language

That's a bit sad. I am an Ubuntu user who recently upgraded to version 7.04. After the upgrade, my Hebrew fonts were changed to something barely readable. The English fonts however, are still the same.

Having a way to define Arial as my primary Hebrew font, yet preserving DejaVu Sans as my primary English font, would simply save me from becoming insane. Instead, I've been reading fontconfig and pango and whatever not man pages, trying to figure out what has changed and why.

2007/4/19, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxx>:
Le jeudi 19 avril 2007 à 15:02 +0300, Tomer Haimovich a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to configure fontconfig to prefer one font for a
> certain language, and another font for a second language?

There have been attempts to add this to fontconfig
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-June/002332.html

To my knowledge so far they haven't succeeded. I won't try to paraphrase
the arguments against as I don't believe in them and would only make a
mockery of them.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot