Re: Code review needed ,spotted by Coverity

Frederic Crozat wrote:

-defect #984 in fcdir.c / FcDirScanConfig :
FcGlobalCacheReadDir might be call with config == NULL, which will call
FcConfigInodeMatchFontDir which deferences config without checking for
NULL value. I'm not sure how to fix this.

I've fixed this by not normalizing the dir name if we have a NULL config. This means that it won't necessarily find a cache that it should, but that's just unfortunate, not critical.

-defect #759 in fccharset.c / FcCharSetSubtractCount :
*bm might be NULL because of assignment to bi.leaf->map and then it is
accessed without any NULL test. I don't know if bi.leaf->map is never
NULL.

I don't understand this code yet. The problem is not that ->map is NULL, but that bi might be NULL. ->map can't be null, it's a FcChar32[256/32].

-defects #783, #784, #785, #786 : * if config->maxObjects == 0, but config->substPattern or
config->substFont are not NULL, st, while NULL, will be accessed
* at line 1497, there is a test against thisValue being NULL (so, it
might be NULL), but FcConfigDel called at line 1506 might deferences
thisValue, causing a crash.
* at line 1463, l might be leaked if switch (e->op) is handled by
default case). I don't know if it is possible.

Can you give more details on these defects?

There are two other memleaks in doc/edit-sgml.c but I don't know if it
is worth trying to fix (defects #744, #745, leaking ss and ls in
DoReplace).

Not worth it.  edit-sgml is only run in the build process.

But now, we are done ;)

Good, good.

pat