Scalable bitmap fonts

Hello,

In applications using Xft, I noticed two kinds of antialiased fonts -
the first is of freetype-driven, from TTF and Type 1 font files, and
the other, of the non-scalable bitmap fonts. As I used Xft, I noticed
that the bitmap fonts are not scaled this way, so my questions is whether
Xft/freetype supports bitmap font antialiasing or it is completely
separate invention?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH