Re: Does fio support running workload with NVMe-oF on top of SPDK?

Hi Sadman,

Yes you can run fio on NVMe-oF fabrics setup with xnvme ioengine,
using the SPDK driver.
Configuring subsystem can be done via:
https://github.com/spdk/spdk/blob/master/scripts/rpc.py

To run fio you just need to specify the backend as SPDK, namespace id
and filename which will contain address and port. Something like this:
--xnvme_be="spdk"
--xnvme_dev_nsid="1"
--filename="192.168.100.8\:4420"

There is also a spdk ioengine, but not part of the fio source code and
it's maintained in the spdk repository.
If you want to run spdk ioengine directly without xnvme, please check:
https://github.com/spdk/spdk/tree/master/examples/nvme/fio_plugin

Regards
Ankit