adapting fio to measure non-R/W workloads

I have a need to measure workloads involving SCSI VERIFY and WRITE
SAME commands, for direct comparison with fio READ and WRITE
workloads. Has anyone ever modified fio to do this? If so, is source
available? If not, is anyone interested in doing this?

I have not found any other tools that can do this.

Thanks.