Re: Python scripts - /usr/bin/env python3 vs python vs python2.7

Hi.

Sitsofe Wheeler - 28.05.20, 10:19:48 CEST:
> Given the above, I think the best thing is just to use "#!/usr/bin/env
> python3" everywhere and at least:
>
> - That's nicer to environments that don't have a python interpreter in
> /usr/bin - Nicer if you ever run the scripts in a virtualenv
> - Packagers can fix it up to whatever they like and at least the
> pattern is the same across the board

Okay, also in Debian it means I'd have to patch all the scripts then:

https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-python.html#s-interpreter_loc

Is there a complete list of Python scripts and especially their status
in Fio? Are there any left that cannot work with Python 3? The mail by
Vincent has some hints that there are.

I ask cause at some time in the future Python 2 will be removed from
Debian. And I'd like to avoid having to patch scripts to support Python
3 downstream.

fio: Python2 removal in sid/bullseye

Thanks,
--