Re: FIO zonemode zbd with IO errors

On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 20:30 -0700, Zhengzhi Xiong wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using FIO3.19. I fully filled my zns device. I believe with
> setting zonemode=zbd, FIO will reset the full zone before assign
> writing command. But looks like I still got io_u error with
> zonemode=zbd.
>
> I will appreciate if you can provide any advice.

The upstream kernel does not support ZNS yet. So I am guessing you are
using a custom kernel/NVMe driver. Without the same, helping with your
problem will be hard as we cannot determine if the problem is from fio
or due to your kernel not implementing correctly zoned block device
support for ZNS.

Another thing to look at: Are you using the mq-deadline scheduler ? You
need it for keeping regular write commands ordered and avoid unaligned
write command failures.

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research