Sequential read/write with multiple threads

Hi there, I send this again, I'm not sure if it was sent last time, I thought I was subscribed to the mailing list but I wasn't.

I'm trying to run some benchmarks using the ioegnines libaio and pvsync2. I'm trying to run sequential reads/writes and random read/writes in a file of 200G with a maximum of 4 jobs, that is, threads. I don't mix them, that is, I run sequentially or randomly reads/writes.

My question is this: when running sequentially, given that I'm using 4 threads, is it really sequential?. Do the threads interfere with each other?, if yes, which options should I use to make each thread only issue requests to disjoint parts of the file, each of 50G (in case of 4 threads). I tried using offset_increment, but sometimes it overflows on random requests, and for sequential requests the file size increases automatically, that is, the requests are going further the size of the file, but it does not crashes. More specifically, I get the file size in bytes, exactly 214748364800. I divide that number in the number of threads, and I use the result as the offset_increment. The file is created using the filecreate engine with size 200G.

Lastly, is it possible for each thread to issue random requests only in that piece of 50G, so that it does not overflows to other threads piece of file or even overflow outside the file?.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Could someone please help me?.

Thank you.

Hamilton.