RFC: New GAS meta-engine and S3 engine

Hi all,

Sending this before I send a pull request, as I wanted to consult
first if this is something that would be desirable.

A long while ago (2017) I needed ability to test AWS S3 performance,
including aspects like concurrent IOs, various IO sizes etc. So I
decided my favorite "fio" is probably a good tool to use for it. Back
then, S3 mode for http.c didn't exist yet, so I had to do something
myself. I made it work back then, but I got busy and didn't merge it
upstream (sorry!). Trying to fix it now.

Instead of manually implementing S3 HTTP interface (like http.c did),
I thought it would be desirable to use the official AWS SDK. However,
it had some issues, like no built-in asynchronicity, being C++ and so
on.

I realized the process of making AWS interface provide what fio needs
is super generic. So I decided to write a mini meta-engine I called
GAS - Generic ASync. It provides fio-compatible  async-adding wrapper
to any IO-like library. Then, adding a full-fledged fio engine is
trivial, see example in gas-direct-io.c . Similarly S3 engine
(read-only for now) is quite trivial. I had to split it into a C and
C++ part, but the entire thing is still <200 LOC.

I'm now thinking about adding similar engines for Azure and GCP object
stores, hence I wonder if it would make sense to merge it upstream.
One concern I have is making fio dependent on all these SDKs. Hence I
thought this should only be optionally compiled-in.

The repo is here, I recently refreshed it from upstream:
https://github.com/MarcinZukowski/fio

Thoughts? Comments? Should I just send a pull request? :)

Thanks,
Marcin