Running FIO until DUT leaves steadystate

Reading through the docs and looked at some examples, its not clear if
its possible to accomplish this. In our case, we're attempting to
evaluate SSDs and determine when they start internal garbage
collection and how much performance drops.  Is there a way to detect
steadystate, and then exit when the DUT performance leaves that
steadystate?

thanks
-mike