Re: Sequential Writes and Random Reads in parallel

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 at 06:34, Prabhakaran <prabhugce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to do both Random and Sequential operations simultaneously
> in one job. In specific, I would like to do Sequential Writes and
> Random Reads in parallel. Here is what I have got so far.
>
> [global]
> ioengine=libaio
> disable_slat=1
> disable_lat=1
> thread
> direct=1
>
> [job2]
> stonewall
> bs=128kb,4kb
> ba=128kb,4kb
> rw=randrw
> iodepth=256
> runtime=5s
> time_based=1
> log_avg_msec=0
> randrepeat=0
> norandommap
> refill_buffers
> write_bw_log=job2
> write_iops_log=job2
> write_lat_log=job2
> bs_is_seq_rand=1
> rwmixread=1
> percentage_random=50
>
> I’m assuming the above job would do 128k Sequential and 4k Random (50%
> each), writes and reads (with reads=1%) combined for both Sequential
> and Random, for 5s.
> I’m still not able to do just Sequential Writes and Random Reads alone
> in parallel.
>
> Thanks,
> Prabhu

percentage_random can be split into reads/writes/trims with commas
(see https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#cmdoption-arg-percentage-random
) so that might help you out... Alternatively because you have a 50/50
split you can use two separate jobs and tie them together with flow
(https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#cmdoption-arg-flow
).

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/