Question about data verification using verify_state_save

Hi,
I want to do some writes and reads to a device for a period of time
and then verify the writes. So I have the following job files.

write.fio job file:
[global]
direct=1
ioengine=libaio
numjobs=1
verify=crc32c

[/dev/sdf]
filename=/dev/sdf
time_based
runtime=5000
bwavgtime=1000
iopsavgtime=1000
rw=randrw
rwmixwrite=50
verify_state_save=1
iodepth=4
bs=4k

verify.fio file
[global]
direct=1
ioengine=libaio
group_reporting
numjobs=1
verify=crc32c

[/dev/sdf]
rw=read
do_verify=1
filename=/dev/sdf
verify_state_load=1

I saw some bad magic header errors while doing this but when I added
all the related flags I have in the write.fio file to the verify.fio
file. Everything seems to work.

[global]
direct=1
ioengine=libaio
numjobs=1
verify=crc32c

[/dev/sdf]
rw=randrw
rwmixwrite=50
do_verify=1
filename=/dev/sdf
verify_state_load=1
iodepth=4
bs=4k

For example, if I change the verify job file to below, everything
looks fine but the verification might take some time.

I have a few questions regarding this.
1. Does the write phase `rw` option have to match the verify phase?
For example if I have `randomwrite` for write phase, do I need to put
'randomread' for verify phase but not 'read'? And if I have 'randomrw'
in write phase, is it true that I have to use it in verify phase?
2. Do I need to put all the flags in write phase to verify phase? So
in my case, do I have to add iodepth and bs to the verify phase as
well?
3. Are there other ways to achieve what I want? I mainly want to do
some complicated IO workload (mix of writes and reads) with the
time_based option and if the verification could complete during this
timed phase, I could save the progress and then have a separate verify
phase later to fully verify the writes. I know I could use
verify_backlog but I intend to verify the writes separately.

Thank you so much in advance.
Best wishes,
Taylor