SW System Sr Principal Developer
Dell EMC | Cloud & Communication Service Provider Solution
Mark.Beierl@xxxxxxxx

On 2018-09-21, 09:51, "fio-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of RomanS" <fio-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of execooler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hello.

    Could someone help to write a config to emulate a VM workload?
    The goal is to test a storage for VM. Each file on the VM is a disk of a VM.

    I tried to test the case by the following config:

    ioengine=posixaio
    randrepeat=1
    norandommap=1
    runtime=86400
    group_reporting
    bs=32k
    time_based=1
    iodepth=16
    numjobs=1
    rw=randrw
    rwmixread=50
    rwmixwrite=50
    size=2g
    [workload]
    filename=/storage/vm_disk

    But it seems the above config is not a VM workload.

    For the second test I created a FS on the file and mounted it. The
    config was almost the same, except:
    numjobs=20
    size=85m

    I think the second config is more like a VM workload, than the first.
    Is it possible to do the same only by FIO?