time_based not working with randread

Hi,
if I run this job (even with the last version GitHub version of fio) on an SSD:
[global]
 ioengine=sync
 time_based=1
 runtime=20
 readwrite=randread
 size=100m
 numjobs=1
 invalidate=1
[job1]

then, after little time (I think after 100MB have been read), fio reports a nonsensically large value for the throughput, while a simple iostat shows that no I/O is going on. By just replacing time_based with loops, i.e., with a job file like this:

[global]
 ioengine=sync
 loops=1000
 readwrite=randread
 size=100m
 numjobs=1
 invalidate=1
[job1]

the problem disappears.

In a similar vein, there is no problem with sequential reads, even in time_based mode.

Looks like fio re-reads the file from cache in with time_based randread.

Thanks,
Paolo--