Re: computing percentiles from fio data

Mark: The main insight of the algorithm(s) in the paper is that one
can get logarithmic space and time (per operation) usage in the number
of operations, with input parameters of a set of desired percentiles
and corresponding error bounds (e.g. 99th percentile with a strict
error bound of 1% on the value).

Jeff: Right, will keep that in mind. Outputting slightly different
statistics than what log_avg_msec outputs could solve this without
introducing any more overhead than log_avg_msec. I'm just not sure
what to output to then make it feasible to have a post-processing step
which gives strict error bounds on the percentiles.

-Karl-