Re: Exit all jobs on error

On 12/10/2015 11:27 AM, Andrey Kuzmin wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/10/2015 11:17 AM, Andrey Kuzmin wrote:

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 10 2015, Andrey Kuzmin wrote:

I've also encountered a similar issue a number of times where the job
failed to stop (and refused to terminate in response to C-C) when a
thread/process fails, e.g. due to an error. My guess is that the loop
that waits for completions doesn't check for td->terminate being set.

Attach with gdb and see what they are doing, could be a missing
terminate check. Or it could already be sitting waiting for completions.

It just sits there waiting for completions, as gdb understandably
predominantly hits the wait state.

Where is it sitting and/or looping?

unix/wait smth ;), as far as I recall.

If you need an exact ref, let me make up an error in the code, run,
and get back to you with the exact gdb frame info.

I'm generally not in the crystal ball or guessing game :-)

So yeah, a stack trace would be helpful.

--
Jens Axboe