Re: Why Seperate Log Files?

On 05/10/2015 09:36 PM, Jon Tango wrote:
When I use fio in 2.1.8 the write_iops_log command creates a singular log file, even with 8 workers. With fio in the latest versions, however, it creates eight separate log files. Is there a way to get fio to generate a log file for all 8 workers, instead of 8 separate files? That is untenable. I had to go back to 2.1.8 to get a useable output. It's not like the data outputs are very friendly anyway, but with one file at least that data can easily be parsed and worked with. With a different file for each worker it is just ridiculous.
How do we get one output for all workers?
It would also be nice if we could just get one output with all of the numbers for the different workers combined, but that may be asking a bit much. Just getting them all in a workable file would be nice :)

Lets back this up a bit. Your bug reporting _sucks_. Constructive criticism - look it up. You were even lazy enough to just reply to an old, totally unrelated email, instead of starting a new thread.

So lets try this again. I'll even offer you some free hints. Find out where the change happened, see if there's reasoning there. If not, suggest a way to improve the situation. Or even just, constructively, suggest why the current behavior is a problem and offer your opinion on how it could be improved to make your life easier. Nobody on this list owes you anything, you need to earn it.

--
Jens Axboe