From: Jon Tango [mailto:cheerios123@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:14 AM
To: 'Andrey Kuzmin'
Cc: 'Jens Axboe'; 'Sitsofe Wheeler'; fio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Limit LBA Range

The same thing could be done by partitioning the SSD in the operating system with the desired partition size, and then running a time-based fio job against the partition.

Basically, fio options offset/size should yield the same net result, but I'm always unsure on what is the actual effect of mixing size and time_based in a single job, and whether fio will wrap around the specified size to the specified offset if the job is time-based. HOWTO could have used some clarification on size/time_based interaction.

Regards,
Andrey