Re: --status-interval output race

Hey,
I took another stab at reshuffling output control and I've found a
combo that works very consistently. By dropping --output and piping to
tee instead I get an incredible high accuracy in my 'runtime' output.
It only differs 1-2ms between a sample of ~500 runs. Before this was
literally all over the place (+/- <1000ms).

Could it be that output redirection is blocked when writing with with
fio and asynchronously when piping to tee? Output is being written to
an NFS mount which is subject to several layers of virtualization and
may cause intermittent latency spikes and deliver my very inconsistent
results. Thoughts?

Anyhow, thank you for your work here and I owe you lunch!

Regards
Michael