Re: YACC y.tab.c Usage: /usr/bin/yacc [options] filename

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Neto, Antonio Jose Rodrigues
<Antonio.Jose.Rodrigues.Neto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is neto from Brazil
>
> How are you?
>
> Trying to compile fio on RHEL 6.4 and I've got this error (latest git).
>
> Please any ideas how to fix it? (I've tried to use CONFIG_ARITHMETIC=n,
> but not success)
>
> CC verify.o
>     CC memory.o
>     CC io_u.o
>    LEX lex.yy.c
>   YACC y.tab.c
> Usage: /usr/bin/yacc [options] filename

>   -b file_prefix        set filename prefix (default "y.")
>   -d                    write definitions (y.tab.h)
>   -g                    write a graphical description
>   -l                    suppress #line directives
>   -o output_file        (default "y.tab.c")
>   -p symbol_prefix      set symbol prefix (default "yy")
>   -r                    produce separate code and table files (y.code.c)
>   -t                    add debugging support
>   -v                    write description (y.output)
>   -V                    show version information and exit
> make: *** [y.tab.c] Error 1

I suspect that your version of yacc does not comprehend the --no-lines
option (which we needed only in order to avoid a bug in some other
versions of yacc).  From the usage message it does appear to
understand both -d and -l though.

Try changing the --no-lines option in the Makefile to -l instead, and
see if that helps.

You can also run "make V=1 > output.txt" to get more verbose output
from make and get a clearer idea of what the offending command line is
trying to do.

-- steve