Re: multiple --name parameters with non-file engine?

On 2014-08-18 19:42, Mark Nelson wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm using the librbd engine and trying to determine what exactly happens
when multiple --name parameters are passed.  Primarily, I'm wondering if
each fio process ends up writing to the same blocks on the rbd volume
during sequential writes.  Looking at the code, I see a note that we
pretend to deal with files even if the engine doesn't understand the
concept of files:

https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/master/engines/rbd.c#L405
https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/master/filesetup.c#L1239

I'm not seeing anything (might be missing it) in the rbd engine or there
that would partition the volume based on the process though.  Am I
missing anything?

The same thing will happen as if you ran two instances of fio with the same options. For rbd, each job will create/connect/open and rbd instance. For each of these, you can set the rbd pool and clientname.

--
Jens Axboe