multiple --name parameters with non-file engine?

Hi Guys,

I'm using the librbd engine and trying to determine what exactly happens when multiple --name parameters are passed. Primarily, I'm wondering if each fio process ends up writing to the same blocks on the rbd volume during sequential writes. Looking at the code, I see a note that we pretend to deal with files even if the engine doesn't understand the concept of files:

https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/master/engines/rbd.c#L405
https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/master/filesetup.c#L1239

I'm not seeing anything (might be missing it) in the rbd engine or there that would partition the volume based on the process though. Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Mark