Re: Surprising use of basename in finish_log_named

On 2014-04-02 02:11, Erwan Velu wrote:

Le 01/04/2014 20:49, Jens Axboe a écrit :
I don't think there's a good reason for that. So feel free to send in
a (tested) patch :-)
Please find my branch ready for master here :
https://github.com/enovance/fio/tree/erwan/nobasename

Thanks, pulled.

We can make it PATH_MAX instead, not a big deal
I've been looking at it and fixing it in iolog is pretty easy but I have
some fear that it will not be enough to fix it globally. I mean, there
is many occurences of paths & strings set at 256. So I'll have a look at
a global scale for this issue in another thread.

OK, sounds good. I'm pretty sure I consistently used 256 in most places. One problematic area might be around the server/client protocol. Maybe it's time to finally improve that... So don't worry too much about that part.

--
Jens Axboe