Re: How to loop a timebased job

On 04/09/2013 19:52, Jens Axboe wrote:
Good point, yes, that is a problem. Adding a loopbased option would seem to be the best way to solve the dependency issue.
Ok, I'm working on this option.

Here come the kind of usage I'm thinking about :

[general]
loop_based
loops=5

[job_1]
runtime=10

[job_2]
runtime=20

That lever the question on where we shall "loop" the jobs ?
What's the preferred option regarding your experience on fio ?
The main problem I'm facing is to reinit properly jobs between loops (like td->terminate or doing the start_delay,...)

Shall it be better to manage it inside thread_main() or get it outside ?

Thanks for your insights,
Erwan