Re: FIO and Storage Data Integrity testing

On 07/31/2013 08:25 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> I want four pieces of data for bread crumbs:
>> o timestamp
>
> Don't have that, trivial to add.

Just went and looked at what we had for the meta verify. There is
actually already a timestamp there (sec + usec), and there's the notion
of a generation number as well (it includes what number write this was).

The structure looks like this:

struct vhdr_meta
{
        uint64_t offset;
        unsigned char thread;
        unsigned short numberio;
        unsigned long time_sec;
        unsigned long time_usec;
};

Though the 'generation' number might have to be either used differently
that it is now, or made into a different type. The meta verify is also
the only one that isn't already 32 vs 64-bit agnostic.

--
Jens Axboe