Re: Output logs and keep command line display

On Thu, Jan 31 2013, Gavin Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if I am missing a special argument somewhere, but I like the
> command line display we get from Fio when it runs showing the type of
> workload and job descriptions and percentage complete, etc.  Is it
> possible to get the outputs that you get when using the --minimal
> argument (in JSON, CSV formats) whilst still keeping the command line
> display.
>
> Having this would make it similar to Iometer, not in a graphical
> sense, but in a way that you can see exactly what is occurring (and if
> it has halted or crashed) whilst still having logs that could be
> charted or plotted into reports.  Especially useful for extended test
> runs (over several hours!)

--eta=always

should do the trick for you, if I understand your request correctly. I
suppose for that to be useful, you want to redirect the csv/json output
to a file as well?

Might be useful to have the behaviour of:

--output-format=type [file]

where if 'file' is given, then output goes to that file in the specified
format, and fio still uses stdout for the ETA output.

--
Jens Axboe