RE: Group reporting with latency and IOPS

On Tue, Jan 29 2013, Neto, Antonio Jose Rodrigues wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29 2013, Neto, Antonio Jose Rodrigues wrote:
> > atency: (clat) 577usecs - 0.577ms
> > >
> > >Correct too.

> > >Yep.

> > >You mean for both read and write combined? Fio does not report
> > >that, but for IOPS you could just add them. For latency, the larger of the two.
> > >
> > >--=20
> > >Jens Axboe
> > >

> > Hi Jens
> >
> > This is neto from Brazil
> >
> > How are you?
> >
> > Thank you so much for your answer.
> >
> > How can I have a combined IOPS reported?
>
> You can't, at least not automatically. You would have to sum them up.
> It would not be hard to add at all, though, controlled by an option. I
> haven't had any requests for it before now, usually people ask for
> more fine grained metrics, not the other way around :-)
>
> --
> Jens Axboe
>
> Thank you Jens, I understand. To have an option to group everything
> could be a good thing especially when you are doing a POC or
> demonstrating performance for a customer where they are interested in
> how many IOPS and total latency :-)

I agree, I can see the use case. I'll add a 'unified_rw_reporting'
option to be able to do that. Most accounting is done collectively, so it should be pretty simple to do this.

--
Jens Axboe

Thank you so much! I am starting to use FIO for all my performance POCs here. I hope to have this option as soon as possible ... So I can demonstrate next week.

One question: I am doing a PCO using Windows, and if I download all changes via github how can I compile for Windows? (The POC is on Windows :-)