RE: FIO r/w to 2 disks

Hi Jens,

The test I'm interested in performing would require (I believe) FIO to read
from one device and write to another in a specified ratio. This is different
from the rwmix feature in FIO, as I can specify only a single device where the
reads and writes will take place.

Assuming that I could achieve the same read/write ratio with two FIO instances
(one reading from one device and the other writing to a different device) as I
get using a single FIO instance and rwmix, is there a reason--in terms of how
reads and writes would be performed--that would prevent a valid comparison
between the two?

Thanks,
Carl