Re: package xen for aarch64

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016, Ricardo Salveti wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Ricardo Salveti
> <ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I have done a temporary build of the Fedora 25 xen package adapted for
> >> aarch64 at
> >> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3757184
> >>
> >> Could you test it and see if it works or needs further modification. If it
> >> is satifactory then I will look at adding aarch64 support to the main
> >> Fedora package.
> >
> > The package installs fine, but fails to run as there is no xen support
> > enabled in the kernel.
> >
> > I will try to recompile the kernel and enable the required config
> > options, but it would be nice if you could also take a look at what is
> > required, as there are many options related with xen support.
>
> Built a new kernel including all the xen options, but still unable to
> get it to work.
>
> The grub2 entry fails to load due lack of efi modules:
> error: can't find command `multiboot'.
> error: can't find command `module'.
> error: can't find command `module'.
>
> Looking at the grub2-efi-modules package, it seems there is no module
> and no multiboot there.
>
> And when trying to chainload the efi loader, it also fails with the
> following message:
> Xen 4.7.0 (c/s ) EFI loader
> No configuration file found.

It seems unlikely that the multiboot option will work on aarch64 if there
is no multiboot module.
The chainloader option looks more promising. If your efi file is xen.efi
then it is looking for a xen.cfg file in the same directory to tell it any
xen options, what other files (still in the same directory) to load and
with what options. For more details see
http://xenbits.xenproject.org/docs/unstable/misc/efi.html
or equivalently docs/html/misc/efi.html in the xen source.

	Michael Young