Re: Motherboard/Processors/Memory For Dual Processor Xen System

> There's no question that if you are CPU bound and have lots of tasks
> more is better. But that's an unusual case, the load type seen in
> scientific calculations and rendering images. For more common loads
> memory, storage, or network are often the limiting factor. Since the
> original question didn't really make it clear what the load would be
> or what budget was available I thought it was worth suggesting an
> option leaving more budget for things which may be bottlenecks.
>
> General questions often get general answers.

I'm sorry that my original question....

"What dual processor hardware configurations work well with Xen? For
example will any Supermicro brand dual processor motherboard be hardware
compatible with Xen? I am thinking of Supermicro boards with Xeon
processors. Or is there a better brand of motherboard?"

...lacks specificity.

One person did mention an older Asus motherboard as working well.

I hope someone out there has Supermicro experience. Perhaps I should
check the SuperMicro website more carefully and see if specific boards
are also sold by Amazon. Those might have buyer reviews.

Bob