Re: Network-route and vif-route scripts broken?

On 01/17/2011 08:09 PM, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> One of our VMs has a special relationship with a port
> on Dom0. I'd like to be able to add a firewall rule that allows input
> packets from vifX.0 to Dom0 on this port.

I could use this too, where I have a DomU providing iSCSI services to
other DomU's using phy: disks.  Right now starting up the dependent
DomU's is a manual intervention - I need to write a simple chat from
DomU to Dom0 to tell it to proceed.  In my case I can do it by IP
address, but for scaling out, the dynamic method would be swell.

I seem to recall several heated (sic) discussions on bugzilla and
fedora-devel over various approaches to automated ad-hoc firewall rules.
  The Xen scripts can probably handle this now but it might be nice to
eventually integrate if a proper Fedora solution is constructed.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC