Re: Network-route and vif-route scripts broken?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, W. Michael Petullo wrote:

> This is something I raised on the upstream xen-devel mailing list. I
> have not yet received any response, so I though I'd try to ask here:
>
> I am using Xen with the included network-route and vif-route scripts. My
> system runs Fedora 14 with Michael Young's Dom0 kernel.
>
> When xend starts and network-route executes, I see the following error:
>
> /etc/xen/scripts/network-route: line 28:
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth/proxy_arp: No such file or directory
>
> It seems that the problem is that the vifnum shell variable is not set.

I did see your bug, and looked at this bit. As far as I can tell this is
the only occurrence of vifnum anywhere in the xen code, so I am guessing
it is a legacy setting and can be replaced by the default eth0 which is
everywhere else and is what is documented in xend-config.sxp.

 	Michael Young