Re: No pcifront in F10?

On 22 October 2010 13:33, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Xen PV-on-HVM support is included in upstream Linux 2.6.36 !

I was referring to the name of stefano's git tree, he's now labelled a
linux-next branch.

> Xen pcifront (and maybe basic dom0 without backend drivers)
> should make it into 2.6.37.
`
Yes, as noted, it would be nice to run Fedora as my mythbackend (with
tuners) in a domU again (my server has IOMMU chipset but no BIOS
support so HVM with PCI passthrough not an option) I'm currently stuck
on CentOS5 and have to build my own dom0 and domU kernels.

As I understand it, the "initial domain" stuff would help pave the way
for a pvops dom0, but in itself wouldn't be useful to end users - I
suspect that might still get a rougher ride