Re: xen and dom0 kernel builds

On 09/25/2010 09:48 AM, M A Young wrote:

> In your case it might be the only way to get the relevant information. I
> also have a computer without a serial port, and have tried other two
> things to get debugging information though they may not help in your case.

OK, after much futzing around, I realized the IDC10->DB9M adapters I had on-hand are all improperly wired ('DTK-type' vs. needed 'AT-Everest' type) for this mobo.  I put in an order for a new one and will get back to it in a couple days (unless I get the soldering iron out first...).

> I had a further thought - can you run rpm -V xen-runtime and
> see if it  reports anything. In particular there are two files
> /etc/udev/rules.d/xen-backend.rules and /etc/udev/rules.d/xend.rules
> that are related to udev setup of xen and if you modified them prior to
> the update then you might have an out-of-date configuration.

Ah, good thought - that was true but fixing it to be current with xen-runtime-4.0.1-1.fc13.1.x86_64 didn't help this problem.  I thought that if udev/rules.d/xen* was causing a problem, removing those files might let the boot succeed.  It didn't.  I don't know if that means anything or not.

I'll post the log here asap.

Thanks,
-Bill

--