Re: xen and dom0 kernel builds

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Bill McGonigle wrote:
>
>> I'm trying these two under f13, and not getting past udev starting on the
>> pv_ops kernel. (Xen oops)  The non-xen kernel works fine on this hardware.
>> A pv_ops version from back around January was working well for me, but I
>> wanted to grab the x86_64 multilib-problem patched version. That brought me
>> to upgrade my xen-* versions, and f12 to f13.
>>
>> The top of the stack has 'xen_force_evtchn_callback' on it.  I see udev's
>> [OK] message, and then it very reliably crashes (I can get it to tell me
>> it's going down for reboot with a three-finger salute, but nothing really
>> happens).

I had a further thought - can you run rpm -V xen-runtime and see if it
reports anything. In particular there are two files
/etc/udev/rules.d/xen-backend.rules and /etc/udev/rules.d/xend.rules that
are related to udev setup of xen and if you modified them prior to the
update then you might have an out-of-date configuration.

 	Michael Young