Re: virt* source

Cole Robinson wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
I've checked out the source virt*, but I cannot tell that it's newer than I have.

The changelog for virt-manager suggests not.

Mercurial doesn't set file times to those on the server, so they reflect when I checked it out rather than what's in the repo.

The changelog isn't updated frequently, usually only with releases. To see
actual changes and the times they were made, use the 'hg log' command in the
checked out repo.

Thanks, looks much better. Several changes I see hit problems I've seen.

I planned to build from source and install to /usr/local, but this suggests my idea is impractical:

virtinst--devel/virtinst/ParaVirtGuest.py: cmd = ["/usr/bin/virsh", "console", "%s" %(self.domain.ID(),)]

Surely, the location of executable components should not be hard-coded in the source tree. I could live with it, grudgingly, if it was set at configure time.

I don't really know the solution to that. If virt-install pulled 'virsh' from
the shell path, /usr/local would take precedence. But there may be drawbacks
to that which I dont know.

It should use $PATH, but does not. See my reply to Richard's. I can't test bleeding-edge without upsetting standard F8 versions.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait