Re: [Fedora-xen] Document the lomount utility from Xen

Hi Aleksander,

which is the size of the image you are mounting? Mine is 31Gb and I get the message:

lomount: File too large
Partition 1 was not found in autillo1.

Have you expercienced any problem like that?

Thanks,
Ignacio.

Aleksander Adamowski escribió:
Hi!

When trying to repair a messed up guest domain's disk image in FC5, I've discovered a very usefule but undocumented utility from the Xen RPM:

# lomount
You must specify -diskimage and -partition
ex. lomount -t fs-type -diskimage hda.img -partition 1 /mnt

Since the disk images created with xenguest-install.py are images of whole disk (including the partition table, MBR etc.), they can't simply be mounted like in the Xen official documentation.

This tool parses the partition table and allows to mount a chosen partition from such a disk image. It automatically computes the needed "offset" mount option.

Using lomount I have successfully repaired the guest domain.

I think lomount should be documented in the Wiki (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5).

If you want, I can write that hint over there myself - just give me edit permissions in the Wiki (user: AleksanderAdamowski).