Re: [Fedora-tools-list] diff between #include <fred.h> and #include "fred"

On Tuesday, Jan 4th 2005 at 09:43 -0500, quoth Robert P. J. Day:

=>
=>  with respect to the gcc preprocessor, is it correct to say that,
=>unless i use some of the preprocessor include options to change how
=>include directives are processed, the only difference between the
=>following two statements:
=>
=>  #include <fred.h>
=>  #include "fred.h"
=>
=>is that the latter will first search the current directory?  with that
=>exception, will both forms then search identically based on system
=>directories and "-I" options?
=>
=>  i can also see how i can change this with options like "-I-", and
=>-nostdinc and -include, but i wanted to verify what happens with none
=>of these other options.

<> is used to access system include files. "" is used to access user
include files.

steveo at syslang.net

[Index of Archives]     [GCC Help]     [Fedora Development]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Home]     [Fedora Config]     [PAM]     [Red Hat 9]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]