Re: Memory requirement for small F15 systems ?

2011/5/15 Robert M. Albrecht <fedora@xxxxxxxx>
Hi,

F15 release notes states that you need 256MB RAM for text mode installation.

I tried to install F15 on my embedded system from Alix with exactly
256MB of RAM and Anaconda complains about not enough memory.

Installation runs on PXE and kickstart file with serial console.

cu romal
--

i use f15 on an old notebook with 128 mb of ram, but i was yum upgrading from previous version(s) of fedora. you may probably start from f12 or newer. another way would be to temporarily add some ram, and remove it after install.