Re: How do we add Input Method Selector after a fresh install?

On 05/14/2011 12:27 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:18:56AM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> IMS doesn't appear in System settings (under personal) and after playing
>> with "Region and Language" I didn't get any success neither.
>>
>> So how does one enable another IME?
>
> The command is usually ibus-setup.
>
> I only call it when I need it, and don't use Gnome, but at any rate, to
> start the ibus daemon, which is what is usually used for other
> languages, the ibus-setup should work.

Thanks. However I was asking about the icon to add input method in
system settings. Running ibus-setup indeed tells me that the ibus daemon
is not started (and recommends to eventually add some configuration
lines in my session configuration file).

Added IM doesn't work neither. Logging out and back in doesn't fix the
problem.

Still the input method selector which I have on another (older as
opposed to freshly installed) F15 machine doesn't appear.

any clue?

Fred