Re: Gnome3: I did it!

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Adam Pribyl <pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Joachim Backes wrote:
>
>> On 03/23/2011 04:48 AM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>>> Wow! That is really nice!!!
>>>
>>> I will definitely be looking around quite a lot more. Already, I can say
>>> that
>>> Activities are much better thought out and implemented than the confusing
>>> and
>>> generally somewhat useless KDE variant.
>>>
>>> I am confused by the user account, since I logged in as me, but it says the
>>> account is administrator.
>>>

>> I think you've been asked during installation whether your account should be
>> an admin account or not. And it seems you agreed.
>
> This is some new anaconda feature, or what sort of administrator this is?
> I've got bit scared by this, as I see the future with tons of people using
> Gnome as "administrators". We know this from AnotherOperatingSystem...

If I recall correctly from the installation, when you set up a primary
user account you are asked if you want the account to have
administrative privileges, and if you check the box, then your user is
added to the "wheel" group, which is set up in /etc/sudoers to be
allowed to run all commands (with password prompt).