Re: Errors in GNOME installer for 2011-03-15 builds

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:15 PM, David Lehman <dlehman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 15:18 -0400, Gregory Woodbury wrote:
> This is rather awkard as the format checkbox is below the mount point box.

You shouldn't get the warning until you click on 'OK', so I don't
understand how this is awkward. Can you elaborate?

My awkardness, it is after ok.

> Are we going to recommend a seperate /home? ÂShould the default layout make
> a /home?

We do default to creating a separate /home when doing automatic
partitioning.

Not currently.

If you don't want to lose /home do not put it on the same device
as /. /home is for user data, while / is for system data. Keep itÂ
separate for simplicity of management.

In most cases I do have home seperate. But when doing many installs for testing in
virtual boxes I've not seen /home be seperate in the current cycle.
G.Wolfe Woodbury
aka redwolfe (proventesters)