Re: gnome-shell???

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 23:03, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 12:50 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 09:54:50 -0800,
> Â Rob Healey <robhealey1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I must ask again, please, is fc15 updates-testing gnome*2.91.90* or rawhide/
> > fc16 stable enough with gnome-shell to update to either one???
>
> Maybe. gdm just got a widget that allows picking a desktop. F15 RC2 was just
> built and is expected to pass validation for the alpha release. So things
> are in reasonable shape.

Alpha RC was built from the frozen dist-f15 tree, not from
updates-testing. After updating my desktop to updates-testing, both gdm
and GNOME are broken for me; gdm crashing in a loop

killall accounts-daemon; according to halfline he has already prepared a fix.
, running 'startx'
from a vt just gives me a blank background. I'm posting this from Xfce.

Don't know the root cause but using the fallback force method posted by mclasen will get you in to fallback mode until it's fixed.