Re: Network control

Op 22-2-2011 15:41, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" schreef:
On 02/22/2011 02:25 PM, A.J. Werkman wrote:
Before F15 I could shutdown NetworkManager with
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/NetworManager stop' and start networking without
NetworkManager with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start'.

If I try this in F15 it looks like the network script start
NetworkManager. Is this supposed to happen? If so will there remain a
way to start networking without NetworkManager. In a lot of server
solutions I consider NetworkManager to autonomous, going it's own way
and not doing things the way I want them to happen.
The traditional SysV init script have been replace with Systemd.

I suggest you catch up on the admin usage part by reading Lennart's blog
post

JBG

1.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-1.html
2.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-2.html
3.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html
4.http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html

Yes I know. But is the old network startup script not ported to the new systemd? That would mean I am forced to use NetworkManager to start up networking?

Koos