Network control

Before F15 I could shutdown NetworkManager with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/NetworManager stop' and start networking without NetworkManager with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start'.

If I try this in F15 it looks like the network script start NetworkManager. Is this supposed to happen? If so will there remain a way to start networking without NetworkManager. In a lot of server solutions I consider NetworkManager to autonomous, going it's own way and not doing things the way I want them to happen.

Koos.