Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 09:01 +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

> We still have to reboot to use a newly installed kernel. Isn't that a
> valid enough use case for this? Aren't there other kinds of updates that
> mandate a reboot as well?

Updates that require a reboot are supposed to be handled by
packagekit...

> gnome-packagekit has several strings referring to restart being needed
> after updating system packages...

...indeed, so if you do it via the update manager, you don't need a
desktop-provided option to do so.

seems I was a bit out of date, though, as Bastien replied on the desktop
list: reboot may come back as a de-emphasized option in the shutdown
menu somewhere.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey