Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 21:45 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 23:30 +0100, MichaÅ Piotrowski wrote:
> >> <snip>
> >> that lettel "Å" caused it. Second issue - I don't have a "restart"
> >
> > We definitely need reports on such 'odd' (i.e. not US ASCII...)
> > character set issues, i18n issues etc - can you double-check it and file
> > the issue if it's reproducible? Thanks.
> >
> >> option in Gnome menu.
> >
> > That is a, ahem, policy decision.
>
> Hi, Adam,
>
> Could you say some more about the policy decision or point to a msg or
> whatever.  Need to understand what is going on.

It was discussed during the Test Day. I don't have a web reference for
this exact issue, but the position of the design team is that they think
the only common use case for rebooting is to boot into a different
operating system in a multi-boot configuration, and they want to handle
that as a special case somehow (a direct 'reboot to Windows' option has
been suggested). They don't believe there are any sufficiently common
use cases for rebooting other than that one to justify the added
complexity of providing it as an option. (Desktop team, please correct
me if I'm representing this wrong).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey